This is where tickets in various OpenStreetMap projects can be reported, including both bugs and feature requests.
You can add a new ticket or browse existing tickets for the following projects:
- OpenStreetMap.org Website - (add a ticket, view tickets)
- OpenStreetMap.org Search - (add a ticket, view tickets)
- OpenStreetMap.org Potlatch 2 editor - (add a ticket, view tickets)
- OpenStreetMap.org API - (add a ticket, view tickets)
- OpenStreetMap.org Wiki - (add a ticket, view tickets)
You can also see the full list of projects.
- (If it is a bug in JOSM then report it in the JOSM trac, not here.)
- (If it is a bug in the iD editor, then report it on the iD github project, not here.)
- (If it is a bug in the 'Standard' Map Style, then report it on the openstreetmap-carto github project, not here.)
You can view anything here, but you'll need to log in to change anything.
Log in with your OpenStreetMap.org (main website) username or e-mail address and password. (Your e-mail address will be publically visible if you use that.)
Reporting a bug
- View the list of tickets to make sure that your bug hasn't already been reported. You should also try searching.
- If it hasn't:
You can also use this to request enhancements.
How to be a helpful bug reporter
Where you can, always provide "steps to reproduce" - in other words, a series of instructions that the developers can follow to reproduce your bug. The more you can do to pinpoint the problem, the more likely it'll be fixed.
- Give any pertinent details of your system (operating system and version, browser and version, etc.).
- If the problem is with a web page or web application, give its URL. If the problem is encountered with a particular set of data, say what (e.g. a location in OpenStreetMap).
- Explain what you are doing, click-by-click.
- Explain what you expect to happen.
- Explain what is happening instead.