Opened 9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

#2118 closed defect (fixed)

Changeset Not Being Rendered

Reported by: AndyAyre Owned by: jburgess777@…
Priority: major Milestone: OSM 0.6
Component: mapnik Version:
Keywords: Cc:

Description

Take a look at this boundary where a forest and national park meet:

http://osm.org/go/TwUljNo--

Notice that the boundaries don't line up. This is because the national park is in slightly the wrong place. The national park is this changeset uploaded yesterday:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/1980439

Today I moved the national park into the correct position. The changeset was closed at 31 Jul 00:09:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/1989864

I then marked the tile you are looking at as dirty. It was apparently rendered by Mapnik on 31 Jul 03:21:

http://a.tile.openstreetmap.org/12/772/1608.png/status

As you can see the data from my new changeset has not been used.

On 31 Jul 01:33 I added a new changeset with some trails:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/1990063

This was rendered with trails at 31 Jul 03:13:

http://a.tile.openstreetmap.org/13/1567/3318.png/status

If data I uploaded at 01:33 was rendered at 3:13, how come data I uploaded at 00:09 has not been rendered at the time of writing this? (03:21)?

One clue might be that the trails are new data but the movement of nodes was not. Also JOSM gave me an error of "unexpected end of file" when the changeset was closing, but the changeset is listed in my edits as being closed anyway. It also has all 23573 nodes.

I have cleared my browser cache and tried two browsers.

Change History (3)

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by AndyAyre

  • Owner changed from Jon Burgess to jburgess777@…

comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by jburgess777@…

Your changeset 1989864 was committed around midnight and the audit log of the minute diffs shows that about 20k nodes from your commit were missing from the minutely diffs:

$ wget http://planet.openstreetmap.org/minute/audit/report-2009-07-31_01-50.txt
$ grep -c AndyAyre report-2009-07-31_01-50.txt
20048

This is a known problem with how the minutely diff process handles changesets which take more than 5 minutes to commit to the DB. The issue is described further in the email linked below but I can not find a specific trac ticket to mark this bug a duplicate of:

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/2009-May/015302.html

The problem will fix itself the next time I run a full import which be after the Wednesday planet dump. I don't do a full import every week so it may take a week or two before this shows up as fixed.

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by jburgess777@…

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

The full import last week fixed this problem. Looks like it is rendering fine now.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.