Ticket #2478 (closed enhancement: fixed)
Handle one street split into several ways
|Reported by:||Ed Avis||Owned by:||twain|
Often in OSM the same street, which would be shown as one named street on a paper map and get one entry in an 'A-Z' index, is mapped as several ways joined together. This is often necessary but it means multiple results are returned from Nominatim when a conventional street atlas would just give one.
For example, the first four results for < http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/?q=mare+street> are all the same street.
Perhaps if two or more ways join up and have the same name, they can be treated as a single street whose location is somewhere near the centre.
- Owner changed from tom@… to openstreetmap@…
- Component changed from admin to nominatim
- Owner changed from openstreetmap@… to twain
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution fixed deleted