[PATCH] overflow with near-pole data and mercator
|Reported by:||Komяpa||Owned by:||mapnik-team@…|
Here's a patch to (hopefully) fix "South Pole Near Africa" problem with osm2pgsql.
Demonstration of that:
- OSM mapnik: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=0&lon=0&zoom=15&layers=M
- Custom mapnik: http://latlon.org/~komzpa/screenshots/osm2pgsql.jpg
What this patch does:
- Checks for Sphrical Mercator;
- Checks whether node is a lot outside tile 0/0/0. Snaps it to boundary that does not lead to overflow;
- Replaces proj4 calculation with direct Spherical Mercator formula, which is less strict about overflows and gave me ~5% speedup on test dataset.
Change History (4)
Changed 6 years ago by Komяpa
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by jburgess777@…
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by chris66
- Priority changed from major to minor
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.