Opened 5 years ago

Last modified 5 years ago

#4754 reopened defect

Setting component=* for /newticket does not work

Reported by: skyper Owned by: tom@…
Priority: minor Milestone:
Component: admin Version: 1.0
Keywords: Cc: ppawel@…

Description

All the new ticket links on the front page do not really work as the component is not set although the syntax seems to be OK.

According to wiki:TracTicket? this should work:
/newticket?summary=Compile Error&version=1.0&component=wiki

I miss a component trac or is this admin ?

Cheers

Change History (9)

comment:1 in reply to: ↑ description Changed 5 years ago by skyper

Replying to skyper:

Why can I not edit ticket description of which I am the reporter ?

According to wiki:TracTicket? this should work:

Sorry, wiki:TracTickets#PresetValuesforNewTickets

Last edited 5 years ago by skyper (previous) (diff)

comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by TomH

I think this is a side effect of the javascript hack we use to ensure that no component is selected by default. I did try and fix it but have so far been unable to do so.

comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by ppawel@…

  • Cc ppawel@… added

I'm 99% positive that it has been fixed some weeks ago in #4714 after I reported it.

comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by TomH

Well the file hasn't changed since 10th December and there is no sign of anything in the code in there that would have fixed this.

The basic problem is that I can't find a way in javascript to reliably tell the difference between an <option> that has been selected by default because it is the first in the list and one which has an explicit "selected" attribute.

comment:5 Changed 5 years ago by ppawel@…

Perhaps you could check if there's the "component" parameter in the query string and only if there's not, you add the empty option?

comment:6 Changed 5 years ago by TomH

Well I was trying to avoid having to parse the URL because there is no easy way to do that in Javascript!

comment:7 Changed 5 years ago by TomH

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

Right. I think I managed to fix this - well it works in Firefox anyway...

comment:8 Changed 5 years ago by skyper

  • Resolution fixed deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

Does not work for me on Debian 7.0.

Tested with:

  • Mozilla Iceweasel 10.0.12
  • Chromium 22.0.1229.94 Debian 7.0
  • Epiphany Web 3.4.2

comment:9 Changed 5 years ago by ppawel@…

Confirmed not working in Chromium...

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.