Opened 12 years ago

Closed 12 years ago

Last modified 12 years ago

#487 closed defect (fixed)

cannot access account settings

Reported by: schuetzm@… Owned by: Tom Hughes
Priority: major Milestone:
Component: website Version:
Keywords: Cc:

Description

Whenever I try to access my account settings at http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Marc+Sch%FCtz/account, I get the following error:

Application error

Change this error message for exceptions thrown outside of an action (like in Dispatcher setups or broken Ruby code) in public/500.html

Maybe this is related to the %FC in the URL?

Change History (7)

comment:1 Changed 12 years ago by Tom Hughes

What browser are you using? Only when I try it on my local test setup I find that Firefox tries to go to a URL with a UTF-8 encoded version of the character instead of an ISO-8859-1 encoded one. In other words this URL:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Marc+Sch%C3%BCtz/account

That URL works for me on my test setup - does it work for you on the live site?

comment:2 Changed 12 years ago by schuetzm@…

I'm using Firefox. The UTF8 encoded URL you give does indeed work, however I cannot save my settings, because the form has action="/user/Marc+Sch%FCtz/account". So this is probably not a client-side problem. The page itself is served with a charset of UTF-8 (according to Firefox's "page information").

comment:3 Changed 12 years ago by Tom Hughes

I've just tried this and I still can't recreate it I'm afraid - the form seems to have the correct UTF-8 URL and submitting it works fine... Is this still going wrong for you?

comment:4 Changed 12 years ago by Tom Hughes

Component: rails_portwebsite
Owner: changed from steve@… to Tom Hughes

comment:5 Changed 12 years ago by schuetzm@…

Yes; the only difference now is that I don't even get an error message anymore, only a completely empty page.

comment:6 Changed 12 years ago by Tom Hughes

Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed

OK. I think I've solved this - your display name was actually in the database in iso-8859-1 rather than UTF-8. Presumably because it was set before the database was converted.

I couldn't reproduce it locally because when I created a new user it was being created with the name stored as UTF-8....

I've changed your database record to be in UTF-8 now so hopefully everything should work.

comment:7 Changed 12 years ago by schuetzm@…

That fixes it, thanks!

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.