Opened 12 years ago

Closed 11 years ago

#512 closed defect (fixed)

Can't upload traces with Safari

Reported by: dair@… Owned by: Tom Hughes
Priority: minor Milestone:
Component: website Version:
Keywords: Cc:

Description

Uploading a GPS trace with Safari fails with:

Application error

Change this error message for exceptions thrown outside of an action
(like in Dispatcher setups or broken Ruby code) in public/500.html

The error comes back immediately, so I suspect the track just isn't being attached for some reason (FireFox works as expected, with a short delay from hitting submit to getting the result back).

Change History (6)

comment:1 Changed 12 years ago by Tom Hughes

Safari for Windows seems to work fine (I don't have access to a Mac to test there).

Can you let me know what IP address you were using, and the rough date/time of the failed upload so I can look for it in the logs?

comment:2 Changed 12 years ago by dair@…

I tried to upload "etrex.gpx", description "Cranleigh", at 07:30 in the UK on the 18th (from IP address 212.84.122.95).

comment:3 Changed 12 years ago by Tom Hughes

sorry to be a pain, but I didn't see your previous response before the logs expired - could you try it again and let me have the details. Trac is sending email now so I will actually see your response straight away this time.

comment:4 Changed 12 years ago by Tom Hughes

Owner: changed from steve@… to Tom Hughes

comment:5 Changed 12 years ago by Tom Hughes

Status: newassigned

This is being triggered by a bug/misfeature in Safari whereby it sometimes doesn't sent a Content-Type header for an uploaded file. As a result rails winds up trying to treat it as an ordinary string parameter instead of an uploaded file - more details at:

http://blog.pluron.com/2007/07/safari-30-webki.html http://dev.rubyonrails.org/changeset/7005

I need to think about what we can do about this until the rails fix shown above makes it's way into a release.

comment:6 Changed 11 years ago by Tom Hughes

Resolution: fixed
Status: assignedclosed

I believe this should have been fixed by the rails 2.0.1 upgrade.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.