Ticket #1612 (new defect)
allow map call spanning 180th meridian
|Reported by:||robx||Owned by:||rails-dev@…|
Currently, the API doesn't treat map calls for areas overlapping the 180th meridian nicely.
For a bbox with minlon=179, maxlon=-179, it should return a 2 degree slip along the 180th meridian.
It might be worth specifying -180 <= lon < 180 in general; that's what GPX does, at least: http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/#type_longitudeType
I'm not sure if there's other situations where the API assumes the earth is a rectangle.
- Priority changed from minor to major
- Type changed from enhancement to defect
- Priority changed from major to critical
- Milestone changed from Wishlist to OSM 0.5
- Priority changed from critical to minor
- Milestone changed from OSM 0.5 to Wishlist